For teeth that have been damaged, decayed, or compromised in some way, a dental crown is often one of the best possible solutions for addressing the issue! Our team here at Eguren Dentistry is experienced in dental crown placement, and whether it’s for restorative or cosmetic purposes, we’re excited to begin working with you to restore your smile’s health and beauty. Keep reading to learn a little more about dental crowns in South Edmonton and their capabilities, or feel free to give us a call to schedule a consultation.
Why Choose Eguren Dentistry for Dental Crowns?
- Comfortable Office with Advanced Technology
- Friendly & Experienced Dental Team
- Results You’ll Be Proud to Show Off
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a custom-made cap that’s designed to fit over the biting surface of your tooth, located above the gumline. It can be made from a variety of materials including gold, ceramic, porcelain, and countless others depending on your budget and preference. They offer a lot in terms of versatility and our team will most often suggest them for the following situations:
- A tooth is severely decayed and the filling needs additional support.
- A tooth is broken and needs to be held together and strengthened.
- A tooth has just undergone root canal therapy.
- A dental bridge needs to be anchored in place.
- A tooth is severely misshapen or discolored.
- A missing tooth that’s been replaced with an implant that requires restoration.
The Dental Crown Process
The dental crown process is straightforward; first, we’ll need to examine your mouth to determine if a crown can be used to address your issue; if so, we’ll walk you through the process before you commit to treatment. The next step is removing a thin layer of enamel from the tooth in question to prepare it for the crown—but this is nothing to be worried about, and it simply allows the crown to lay flush with your surrounding teeth once it’s secured!
We’re proud to offer CEREC crowns, which allow us to provide you with your restoration on the very same day. We can take impressions of your smile and use them with a special machine that relies on computer-aided design to craft a beautiful, fully customized crown. Once it’s been fabricated, we’ll bond it to the tooth and give you instructions for how to properly care for it so that it lasts for several years to come!
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
Dental crowns are accompanied by a number of awesome benefits, including:
- Improved comfort and chewing ability.
- Reduces the risk of worsening oral health problems in the future.
- Protects natural teeth from needing to be extracted.
- Lifespan of 10 – 15 years with proper oral care.
- Completely customized to look realistic and feel comfortable.