While brushing and flossing your teeth every day is essential for preserving good oral health, it isn’t the only measure you can take to avoid toothaches and cavities. Other than using at-home dental hygiene products to protect your pearly whites, we recommend visiting our office every six months for dental checkups and cleanings in Edmonton. By scheduling these simple appointments, we can help you effectively prevent more serious oral health problems from starting. Keep reading or call our office today to learn more.
Why Choose Eguren Dentistry for Dental Checkups & Cleanings?
- State-of-the-Art Technology & Comfortable Amenities
- Knowledgeable & Friendly Dental Staff
- Caring & Dedicated Dentist with Many Years of Experience
Why Are Regular Dental Checkups & Cleanings Important?
We recommend regular dental cleanings and exams to spot oral health issues as early as possible to suggest the best treatment options for you and your family. Even if your teeth are feeling great, you’ll want to verify that no underlying issues are developing. With routine checkups and cleanings, you’ll be able to:
- Detect systemic health concerns early on – Over 90% of systemic health problems show signs in the mouth, so you’ll want your dentist to assess your oral cavity for any indications they can address.
- Avoid uncomfortable & costly complications – Many oral health problems can develop without being noticed. With dental checkups, your dentist can spot and address any issues before they worsen or require expensive treatment.
- Maintain a healthy & beautiful smile – Your dentist can treat developing concerns while also providing a deep cleaning to help brighten your pearly whites.
What to Expect During a Dental Checkup
During your dental exam, our doctors will look for any oddities and oral health issues, and address them before they have a chance to create more serious problems down the line. Your doctor will take digital X-rays of your teeth to ensure they don’t miss issues that aren’t easily spotted with the naked eye. Our team will then go over our findings with you and develop a custom treatment plan to get your oral health back in shape. This may involve scheduling you for procedures like periodontal therapy or focusing on adjusting your at-home oral hygiene regimen.
What to Expect During a Dental Cleaning
The best way to combat pellicles, the thin layer of debris on your teeth, is by brushing, rinsing, and flossing daily. Our team can also help defend against plaque and bacteria by using specialized dental cleaning instruments. One of our friendly and professional dental hygienists will clean your teeth by removing tartar (calculus), plaque, and stains.
During your visit, you will also receive instructions for preventive care at home, and product recommendations to increase your chances of success. We advise you to schedule dental hygiene visits every six months afterward to ensure your teeth and gums remain healthy while reducing the risk of gingivitis (gum disease).